This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sarah Mankowski Sarah Mankowski 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clover
    Clover
    Participant

I get that the log in is to help keep out spam, but it doesn’t want to remember me.

Profile photo of Sarah Mankowski
    Sarah Mankowski
    Keymaster

You should stay logged in when you click Remember Me. I’m not sure that it always works. I like many things about this login script, but it has given me some other problems. We are still working with the site to make it as easy as possible to use.

I realize this isn’t much of an answer. We are still working on it.

Creating the best balance between site usability and keeping out spam has been one of the main reasons that I delayed building this community. It is not easy to work out the best way for visitors to communicate freely without spam slipping in. I don’t want to add anything that I personally find annoying in a site, such as CATCHA. Some of this will still need a little thought to develop.

Again, sorry that I cannot give you a better answer. We are working on it.

Profile photo of Sarah Mankowski
    Sarah Mankowski
    Keymaster

OK, I think I found the answer to simplifying this. Unfortunately, changing the setting could create other problems. I have spoken to my tech guy and we will figure this out in a week or so,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.